Coordinator of the annual campaign, events and volunteering
Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) is a Pontifical Charity whose mission is to help Catholics wherever the Church suffers from poverty and/or persecution Its mandate is to help those most in need and to disseminate information on the situation of the Church in the world.
The fields of action are as follows :
- Refugee aid and emergency assistance;
- Support for the subsistence of nuns;
- Aid for transportation and construction;
- Aid for Catholic media;
- Formation of priests clerics and nuns;
- Formation of lay catechists;
- Publication of Bibles, books, religious articles;
- Mass offerings.
7 employees maybe including you! 23 ACN offices worldwide.
- 5,230 projects supported last year;
- 1,378,635 masses celebrated;
- 157.95 million dollars raised in 2019;
- 140 countries in which ACN is present;
- 200 million Christians around the world who cannot freely practise their faith.
PROFILE SOUGHT :
We are looking for someone to coordinate the annual campaign, events and volunteering who:
- Enjoys collaborating with various stakeholders in the organization and with volunteers;
- Shows great resourcefulness;
- Is detail oriented and enjoys working collaboratively;
- Has values that are consistent with the mission of ACN.
THIS PERSON IS A LEADER:
- Who will take charge of managing the annual campaign in a timely manner;
- Who will ensure the organization and holding of events specific to the ACN mission;
- Who will be in charge of volunteer recruitment and recognition;
- Who will work jointly , on a day to day basis with the Fundraising Development Coordinator and the Head of Information and who will report to the National Director.
WHO WILL SPECIFICALLY:
- Participate in the selection of texts and graphic elements for the recurring fundraising campaign, its printing and direct mailing;
- Organize and hold events to increase awareness of the organization and raise funds;
- Recruit, coordinate and recognize the work of volunteers;
- Analyze the results of the various campaigns or events under your responsibility;
- Search for new donors;
- Participate in the meetings of the different work teams and ACN events;
- Support the Donor Services Department.
THIS PERSON SHALL:
- Have studied in philanthropy or a related field;
- Have work experience in a charitable organization;
- Be fluently bilingual (French/English), both oral and written;
- Have knowledge of the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database (an asset);
- Have a command of Windows and Office Suite;
- Possess a valid driver’s licence for occasional regional travel.
ALL IN THE CONTEXT OF:
- A job located downtown Montreal, 2 minutes from the Guy Concordia metro station;
- A full time schedule of 37.5 hours per week;
- A collegial , flexible work environment that respects the work /life balance;
- A stable, supportive and competent team with a strong commitment to the cause;
- Vacation offered in accordance with the Normes du travail and office closures during the holiday season;
- Including a competitive benefits plan, together with a pension fund.
BNP Human Resources , a division of BNP Philantropic Performance, was appointed by Aid to the Church in Need for this recruitment mandate. To submit your interest in the position, please send your resume to Daniel H. Lanteigne, CFRE, CHRP by email at email@example.com.