BNP Goldie Canada is a bilingual consulting firm specializing in issues that impact Canada’s non-profit and charitable sector. We serve clients across Canada through our regional offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa, Quebec City, Montreal and Moncton.
Position: Communications Intern
Status: STUDENT, Non-union (5 days per week for 12 weeks)
Reports to: Communications and Marketing Director
Location: work from home
We are seeking a creative, motivated individual who wishes to apply their public relations/communications skills to an organization which provides consulting support to Canadian charities and nonprofits. The successful candidate will assist the communications team in telling the story of BNP Goldie Canada and its work through a variety of communications activities, particularly those relating to our website and social media channels.
- Analyze the philanthropic market in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC, and identify potential clients;
- Identify client needs and collaborate in the deployment of the business development plan;
- Create communication and marketing tools for consultants and clients in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC;
- Assist with the development and execution of social media campaigns on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, as well as daily updates;
- Plan annual content calendar with social media and promotional assets;
- Generate and maintain media lists for future coverage opportunities;
- Keep abreast of social media trends and best practices, and implement them into online plans, where applicable;
- Create online graphics, including social, promotional, and web;
- Write articles for our blog;
- Improve our SEO;
- Liaise with staff and community partners to develop video and photo content;
- Other communications assistance as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education (or a recent graduate within the past 18 months) in Public Relations, Digital Communications or a related field;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency with image, and video editing software (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Premiere Pro);
- Strong understanding of social media best practices, and proficiency with multiple platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Photography, audio and videography skills;
- Adaptable, self-motivated with ability to manage deadlines effectively;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team of professionals;
- Experience with not-for-profit, charitable, healthcare or government/public sector organizations is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are invited to apply no later than September 24, 2021.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, as well as a link to your online portfolio and/or previously completed projects to Marie Harou firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require a disability accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us and provide your contact information. We will respond within 48 hours.
BNP Goldie Canada is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.