Consultant in Philanthropy
BNP Goldie Canada supports the financial and organizational development of non-profit organizations (NPOs) in Canada. We work with them to bring their visions to life, meeting their challenges and achieving their goals. We accomplish this by developing effective philanthropic strategies that generate real results, increase their revenue and empower them to be catalysts for change. We provide full service consultancy and support for boards and senior leadership of NPOs, providing organizational analysis, executive recruitment, and other HR solutions.
The Goldie Company was founded in 1965 and merged with BNP Philanthropic Performance in 2020 to form BNP Goldie Canada. Our client service has earned a reputation for innovation, cost-effectiveness, accountability, professionalism, and success. Because of our considerable experience with community-based organizations and nationwide network, we are well-positioned to provide our clients with the required strategic counsel.
From our headquarters in Montreal and Toronto and regional offices in Calgary, Moncton, Ottawa, Quebec City and Vancouver, BNP Goldie Canada has aided and empowered hundreds of organizations –both large and small– with their fundraising and fund development needs.
A Full Range of Services: We provide a complete suite of organizational development services to community-based, charitable and non-profit organizations. Our professional services focus on strategic and operational planning; governance; leadership development and coaching; interim management; performance assessments; organizational alignment; and, talent management solutions. We are particularly well known for helping organizations attain their fundraising, capital and sponsorship campaign goals.
A Team Approach: Our consultants are committed to personalized service to ensure that our client organizations achieve their goals. Members of BNP Goldie Canada work in teams, offering a much greater breadth of service than could be obtained from the input of a single consultant. Each consulting engagement is directed by a lead consultant, with other consultants involved according to their area of expertise. Our Senior Vice President takes an active role in every project undertaken by the firm.
A Commitment to Those We Serve: In a time of lofty promises, we continue to build on six decades of successfully helping organizations achieve their fundraising goals. BNP Goldie Canada understands that the most productive counselling relationship is a partnership.
We are committed to developing plans with, not for, our clients so that fundraising activities reflect the client’s mission and objectives. Our experience has demonstrated that successful non-profit programs are built on a foundation of sound relationships and trust – we work in a collegial atmosphere to achieve an overall goal.
Members of the BNP Goldie team are seasoned non-profit professionals with a range of experience. The cumulative management, fundraising, communications and advocacy experience of our staff is exhaustive and unmatched. This broad base of expertise provides for greater innovation, utilizes proven methodologies and cutting-edge technology, and has greater ability to problem solve.
Our consultants are the heart of BNP Goldie Canada’s strength and success, providing fundraising and management services as well as working collaboratively with the organization. Depending on the needs of our clients, each consultant’s role will vary from project to project, enabling professional growth and development. We are seeking a consultant who will work closely with the BNP Goldie Senior Vice President for Ontario and Western Canada.
- Conduct feasibility and planning studies to design and implement realistic fundraising strategies
- Develop and manage fundraising plans and strategy
- Prepare fundraising campaign materials, including strategic plans, operating materials, case statements and major gift proposals
- Create individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Conduct extensive prospect research with the support of BNP Goldie Research service
- Identify and develop quality sponsorship opportunities
- Design and administer surveys, provide expert analysis
- Evaluate operations and provide recommendations for organizational improvement
- Write and prepare clear and persuasive presentation material
- Produce creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Participate in business development outreach with potential clients
- Recruit, train, and mentor leaders, volunteers, and staff
BNP Goldie Canada is seeking professional fundraisers as well as those with consulting, communications, and strategic planning experience to join our vibrant and energetic team.
Other qualifications include:
- Philanthropic values and a commitment to service
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills, interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints
- Proactive and solutions-oriented problem-solver
BNP Goldie Canada offers competitive benefits, professional development and training, mentoring, and networking opportunities. Successful candidates have a breadth of knowledge and experience, are interested in philanthropy and have a drive to succeed.
If you fit the above profile, kindly send your C.V. by September 10th to Lily Serreau, CHRP, Recruitment Consultant, BNP Goldie Canada at email@example.com.
All information gathered will be treated in the strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest and please note that we will only contact those whose profiles best meet these requirements.