The future is bright for golf in Canada, and you will be right in the middle of it all at First Tee – Québec, Golf Canada’s flagship junior program. First Tee – Québec will be one of the first few chapters of this new national program.
This opportunity will appeal to high achievers looking for an entry-level position in an emerging program where they will have the opportunity to create, foster and grow a significant brand in Canadian golf.
Place of employment: Tiohtià:ke/ Montreal
The Development Officer is recognized for strong interpersonal skills, knowledge of the philanthropic sector and the ability to work independently. This person is proactive, organized and able to develop and maintain lasting relationships. In addition, should this person be familiar with golf, they will have a front row seat to many events.
FUNCTIONS, EXPECTATIONS & BENEFITS:
Working with the Director, Development, Golf Canada Foundation, the incumbent will be responsible for meeting revenue targets using various techniques to generate philanthropic commitments.
THIS PERSON IS A LEADER WHO:
- Proactively generates a portfolio of major donors from individuals, corporations, foundations and government.
- Develops and manages annual campaigns and events, including liaising with third-party events and fundraising at major golf events in Quebec.
- Ensures stewardship and follow-up of recognition.
- Oversees and participates in public relations activities, internal and external communications and develops its media relations network.
- Manages donor administration by tracking donation history, tax receipts, pledges, invoicing and payments, including event attendance.
- Participates in the development of the business plan and oversee its implementation.
- Collaborates with the Program Manager to enhance donor experience and communicate impact.
- Works closely with the finance team on year-end reconciliation.
THIS PERSON SHALL HAVE:
- A college or university degree in a field relevant to the position (any combination of education and relevant experience will be considered)
- A minimum of 4 years experience in philanthropy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both official languages.
- Strong budgeting, organizational, financial management and IT skills.
- CRM/database experience.
ALL IN THE CONTEXT OF:
- A team that is passionate about both fundraising and golf.
- A total compensation package including a group insurance plan and a pension plan.
- The opportunity to work flexible hours and to work remotely.
Allocation of time/effort
- Fundraising: 70%
- Marketing/Communications: 15%
- Administration: 15%
HOW TO APPLY:
BNP Philantropic Performance was appointed by the Golf Canada Foundation for this recruitment mandate. To submit your interest in the position, please send your resume to Daniel H. Lanteigne, ASC, C.Dir., CFRE, CHRP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, equity and inclusion: The Golf Canada Foundation and BNP Philanthropic Performance promote diversity and respect for differences. We guarantee a discrimination-free process. Also, Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us.
Confidentiality: All information received will be treated confidentially and only those candidates selected will be contacted.