Objectives of the Stewardship survey
In order to better understand the management and relationship between Canada’s non-profit organizations and their donors, we conducted a survey over several months between 2022 and 2023. This approach also aims to determine the extent to which organizations with strong donor stewardship programs have been affected by the measures of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The report highlights:
- The most commonly used recognition and stewardship practices
- The most effective strategies and approaches depending on the sector of activity
- The practices that have not worked
- The challenges faced by stewardship programs
- The strategies and means used to ensure the success of donor stewardship programs in the wake of
the COVID-19 pandemic.
Finally, it’s a comprehensive guide to best practices for managing donor stewardship programs and draws inspiration from the strategies deployed in the Canadian philanthropic sector.